Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Football and Mining !

These pretty much sums up my activities during the weekend that just passed by.

Football - Not a big deal for people, but a big one for me, because I played after nothing less than 15 years !!! So, while I ran here and there, I did manage to put in one goal for my team out of 5 hey had in total. :-).. By the way, my team could tell, how much did I failed to convert too !!

Its a different story though that by the end of match, I was fairly exhausted and I decided to take rest for the complete week to be ready physically for adventure trip next week.

Mining Visit - As part of educational visit, I went to Uranium mines at Narwapahar, 28 kms from XLRI. After the usual chai-pani that was offered to all students, we were taken to four different levels under ground, with the least being 350 mts. Since this was my first visit to any mine, I cannot put down a comparison, but what I could see and gather was that this was one of the best mechanised mines in Asia. The mines had provision for collecting and recycling of water coming out of extraction, drilling and collecting of rocks, proper air circulation and multiple routes for workers. The fun part was to see 3 mtr tall trucks at different levels for drilling and collection. The other noticeable thing was highly motivated stuff and the enthusiasm and pride with which they displayed the entire mines !

Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pic as my camera phone was collected at gate itself !

No comments: