Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Week

Sunday, 11.30 PM, by time the blog gets published it would be 12 and that should officially mark the close of first week of GMP ! So here is the week that went by ---

First the schedule- Better than last in terms of time that I could spend on myself. Infact more things are happening outside the class, with all clubs, escpecially consulting, getting live and people gearing up for the same.

For classes, we are now in terms with ledgers and journals, with the rising inflation and how to measure the GDP/ GNP and how to find the expected profit of a company. Suddenly, I have started to feel that Mr. Chidambaram might take in an advice from students of GMP ! We also had classes on managing human behavior, organization behavior and ethics with ethics class being taken by Prof Ghandy, former Director, TELCO.

I also took some time to explore Jamshedpur city. There are two shopping areas here- one Sakchi and other Bishtapur, with me paying a visit to Bishtapur for evening snacks at a restaruant. I also visited Jublee Park with my pals. On a whole, the city is fairly well designed and whosoever has any concerns about security in this part of India may relax.

One more topic before I ask google to publish my blog, our mess changed from shared MDP to one specifically for GMP. And that means a new caterer and a new menu. Well, apart from the usual change in food, which I must confess is really awesome and I would have tough time controlling my weight, is the service in the mess. A person from the mess staff gets in water at each and every table for each student, something akin to water serving in restruant. And not only that, the staff would also take turns to seek your feedback on food and also serve you anything that you would need right on your table. With the pampering, I almost feel like an IAS officer. Would have a tough time getting back to corporate world !!! :-)

1 comment:

Abhishek's Musings.... said...

Yup - My feelings precisely..Its gonna be tough leaving the life here after a year!!!