Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day -4 and Day -3

Day -4
This day is not on the official XL chart but has a personal significance for me. This is the day when I traveled the longest train journey of my life time. Initially intended to be 22 hrs journey from Delhi to Jamshedpur, it took 26.5 hrs and I reached the XL campus at 1.30 AM instead of 8 PM. By the way, I had actually booked Purshotam Express, the train I took, 2 months in advance for simple reason that this is the best train on this route. My co-passengers who all claimed to be frequent travelers on this route told me that this is the first time the delay has happened to this train and I was wondering whether I am the ‘chosen’ one by God !! :-(
Preventive Action (after all, I need to think like a management student now :-) ) – Take a plane from Delhi to Ranchi and then cab from Ranchi to Jamshedpur !
Moment to cheer about- I probably set a travel record for myself which would be hard to beat in life again !

Day -3
Ok, this is the first day of my XL life. And if you have been guessing why have I been putting down a negative number against the day, its because the officially classes start from Monday, that’s what would be counted as Day 1.
Now, for the day. With less than 4 hrs sleep last night I got up in the morning with the expectation that the Day -3 would be out for induction and student interaction and I should be back to bed for making up. What emerged was not only induction but host of other classes as well. We had classes on economics, statistics, and probability today with classes stretching till 9.15 PM starting from 9 in the morning. And couple of assignments to take back home and come back next day. I guess my ordeal has started :-(. I guess, I am already getting a taste of the coming year.
By the way, I am impressed by the infrastructure out at XL. The batch, faculty is just amazing. Would get back details on this soon.

No comments: